JBCC AGREEMENTS 2018 / CONTRACTS 2020 – VIRTUAL SEMINAR
Summary about the course
The Joint Building Contracts Committee® NPC as the author of the JBCC® suite of building contracts invites you to attend an interactive virtual seminar on the appropriate application of the 2018 JBCC® Edition 6.2 Principal Building and N/S Subcontract Agreements, and its supporting documentation, with reference to the 2018 JBCC® Edition 5.2 Minor Works Agreement and the requirements applicable to Organs of State contracts. In addition, the 2020 JBCC® contracts, the Small and Simple Works Contract and the Direct Contractor’s Contract, will be introduced.
After completion of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the importance of construction law as the basic foundation to construction contracts;
- Describe the development of the various types of building contracts in use in South Africa;
- Identify the important role of the JBCC documents in the South African building industry;
- Understand the historical background and structure of the JBCC agreements /contracts;
- Know what the suite of JBCC documents comprise of and its application in the South African building industry and elsewhere in Africa;
- Know what the duties are of the Principal Agent arising from the JBCC documents; and
- Understand the mechanisms and day-to-day use of a selection of commonly encountered provisions
SESSION ONE: 15 SEPTEMBER 13:00 – 16:00
- Construction Law
- Pre-Contract Activities
- Risk Management
- Procurement / Contract Data
- Dispute Resolution
- Offer and Acceptance Documents
- Agents/ Design
- Duties of the Parties
SESSION TWO: 22 SEPTEMBER 13:00 – 16:00
- Contract Instructions
- Execution & Completion
- Penalties (Damages)
- Adjustment of the Contract Value
- Insurances & Securities
- Suspension & Termination
- Differences between editions 4.1, 6.1 and 6.2
- State Contract Data
- New Contracts (SSWC & DCC)
CPD CREDITS: 7 hours/ 1.0 Credit
(Each session is 3 hours and 1 hour for Quiz Completion)
Presented by JBCC CEO – Rakesh Singh
Rakesh Singh is an admitted attorney and is a member of the Society of Construction Law for Africa. He gained valuable practical experience during his erstwhile employment in the public sector regarding legislation that governs state procurement and processes relating to infrastructure development. He has vast knowledge in the areas of contract and construction law.
- Delegates are required to register first on the website
- JBCC will receive a notification of the delegate’s registration.
- An invoice will be generated and issued to delegate.
- Once payment is reflecting, a confirmation email will be received within 48 hours prior to the webinar, in addition a follow up mail is sent to delegates an hour before the session begins. The mail will provide your unique login details that can only be used by registered delegate. Kindly notify the JBCC two hours prior to the webinar should you not be successful in receiving a joining link.
- All registrations will close two working days prior to session one of the webinar. Payments must reflect two working days prior to the commencement of the webinar.
- Notification for postponement to the next webinar should be received two working days prior to the webinar.
- Delegate substitution is at no cost. Notification thereof must be received by the JBCC not less than three working days prior to the webinar.
NOTE: WEBINAR PACKS ARE SENT OUT TO DELEGATES AFTER COMPLETION OF THE TWO WEBINAR SESSIONS.
To earn your CPD certificate of attendance:
- Delegates are required to attend and complete all two sessions in order to qualify for their CPD credits; should a delegate fail to attend any of the two sessions, they will be disqualified and required to join the next webinar.
- Delegates need to be present online for the duration of all two sessions of the webinar
- Participate by completing the “Polls”, the “Q&A” and the quiz which is conducted at the end of two sessions
- The delegates need to obtain a minimum of 50% pass rate
- No CPD certificates will be released prior to full payment being received, with confirmation of full attendance and participation, approved by the JBCC
How webinar requirements are observed:
- The webinar detects the time a delegate joins and leaves the webinar, providing proof of attendance
- The JBCC is able to trace your attendance by your provided email address, to confirm your full attendance please use the same e-mail address for all three sessions
- The JBCC will award delegates an attendance certificate if delegates were present for at least 75% of the duration of all two sessions of the webinar
JBCC events are accredited by the ASAQS, CESA, SAIA and SACPCMP
- Session One
15th Sep 2022
13:00 - 16:00
- Session Two
22nd Sep 2022
13:00 - 16:00